Tuesday, May 17, 2011

{What have I been doing, you ask?} Why, I've been painting my couch! :)

Ahem. HEY! Whassup.whassup?! I just got some crap from my frenemy friend, Heather, today, about my seriously slacking on the ol' blog posting lately.... I know I am SO RIVETING ! I am QUITE CERTAIN that everyone out in Bloggyville has been fretting, wondering how they will fill the many hours in their day without a little fabfab snark! So HERE YA GO! 12 days worth, compacted into one blog post! You can thank Heather later, you LUCKY DUCKER you! :) {Do I overuse the exclamation point? It's just so hard to convey that I AM INDEED SHOUTING without it, ya know???!!!} And, just to clear the air, I was NOT huddled up in a ball on the floor for the last 12 days, crying over missing Quilt Market in SLC. I was not. I was not. I was not!!!!!! .... Well. CONFESSION TIME! Maybe I was just sitting in a dark room, huddled in my blankie, Osama style, feeling indescribable sadness.... Wah.
meat grinder
{this is not what I have been doing, but dear me, doesn't EVERYONE just LOVE the site of freshly ground beef????} {well, maybe except vegetarians and vegans.} {sorry for that, my herbivore friends.}
dadwithkids

So, moving along.... my dad was in town last week! And, just like me, the old man CAN NOT SIT STILL! We were going, going, going all week, which left little {if any} computer time. 
{excuse number one for blog neglect - DAD IN TOWN}
camdendadbrightonplantingtomatoes

He helped the boys transplant some cherry tomato plants into bigger containers {HOME DEPOT 2 dollar buckets, for the record! Yay for frugality! Boo for not being able to keep these ugly, bright orange buckets on our front porch. Burlap covers to come, soon!} - I think we got started a little late this season for these tomatoes, but Brighton is mothering them pretty hard, so I will keep you posted!
jenwithgrandma
We also went and saw Grandma. 90ish years young. I can only hope to be half as awesome as she is when I am 90. {I didn't get a photo, but Gramps is 93ish and laying in a bed next to her. They have been married over 60 years!}
dadwithgrandma
{This is my dad and Grandma. Seriously, friends, neither one of them has aged in 10 years. Some lady at Home Depot told me she liked MY HUSBAND'S SHOES!!!???!!! I was like YOU MEAN, MY DAD?! Do you think my dad would admit to using a little Oil of Olay? I really need to know his secret! I have more grey hair than him!}
dadpaintingthecouch
If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that I bought this awesome couch for $45 a week or so ago. Well, I HATED the fabric, so my dad and I spent the better part of last week PAINTING IT BLACK!  {excuse number two for blog neglect -PAINTED A COUCH}. We used a textile mix-in that keeps the latex paint soft enough to do this. Full blog post on this, soon! I promise! 'Cause you crazy girls out there KNOW you wanna paint a couch, too! It was a bit labor intensive, but my dad didn't seem to mind spending a large portion of his vacation on my crazy DIY project! We also did a LOT of thrifting and scored some great finds! We were scouting for some other couches to paint, but couldn't find any as great {or as CHEAP} as this one.....

Yeah! Whew. So, school is almost out! Summer vacation is all but upon us. Camden graduates from eighth grade in a little over a week! {I still remember my teal satin gown, pink frosted bonnie bell lipstick and 6" tall mall bangs from my own 8th grade commencement like it was yesterday. Surreal.} Another year under our belt. Before I know it, I will be 90 and my 30something grandkid will be visiting me with one of MY kids!  

FREAKING OUT!
{trying to follow this advice}

keepcalmandstitchon


1 comment:

  1. I actually WAS wondering where you were! Can't wait to see the post about how you painted that couch. It is pretty fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete