Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quilt Market,: part deux .... et trois.... et maybe quatre.

Quilt Market day two: Because I am NOTHING if not obedient to my blog readers.... Here is a picture of Sandi Henderson and me, as requested - her booth was madfab- she took second place for most creative booth! I've known Sandi for a few years through ebay- she used to be a Jayne before she became this famous fabric designer..but it was still nice to meet her in person :)
And this next picture is actually horrible (blurry as all hell), but post.it.I.will.because.the.others.are.worse. This is moi and Jennifer Paganelli. She is SO SWEET and SO CUTE. This was at days end. Take sweat, fatigue and headache into account when looking, yo?!

And this is Liesl Gibson (yes, and me - are you sick of looking at my ugly mug yet?) of oliver + s children's patterns. This is actually from day1. I missed it in creating my first blog post. Sorry, Liesl! She was chic, charming, tall and skinny. Sheeot. I need to diet and start sleeping on a stretching machine, STAT. And take some etiquette classes. Definitely some etiquette.something.or.other....

And this is of cute.cute.cute Angela, who is a fabric rep for our favorite Cosmo Japanese cottons - I had only exchanged emails with her a few times but she was one of those people that I INSTANTLY connected with when I met her (which definitely deserves blog mention) - plus she was one of the few that I was taller than :) It's a win-win. She has some GREAT new designs in the works, so stay tuned on that!
::Now for some mini.outtakes from market and portland::

This first picture CRACKS ME UP .... for so many reasons. Not sure if you can tell, but it is me chatting it up with Heather Bailey. And she looks scared and I look maniacal. But the BIGGEST funniness is actually in the background of the picture- Joel Dewberry (standing behind me) looks like he has a halo - it's actually a print on the fabric that is hanging behind him. I promise you this photo has not been edited in the least. Its just a happy coincidence :) ....
(click to embiggen and see the details)


We had a lot of fun exploring Oregon all weekend -
I found out where to get down with my bad self should I choose to go on Gaycation - And there is Michael, drinking out of a dolphin mug. No further comment needed on either pic, right?
(click to embiggen)









We went to an open air market somewhere near Chinatown on Sunday -and had a ton of fun! (click to embiggen)
Another happy coincidence - we stumbled upon Voodoo Donuts - THE local Portland donut destination. They were hip AND delicious. This weekend was FULL of win-win's.
(sadly, they had just sold out of the donut buckets when we walked up - I had to steal a pic of the dude that bought the last one...wah.)

Well, I think that is it for now :) Orders are going out today and I think I am back on my game!
Piper's kindergarten graduation was last night, so I for sure am going to post pictures of that later tonight or tomorrow ! xoxo-jen

5 comments:

  1. Jen,
    L-O-V-E I-T, L-O-V-E I-T, L-O-V-E I-T! Love the pictures, love the donut close up (I think I will put that as my screensaveer...), love the fabric, love the fabulous intro to these people I've only read about :) Thank you, now I have to go to this fairytale-like land you've described to me today.... Where is it? Portland? I'm there next time! Thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen!
    I am a loyal customer, feeding my scary fabric addiction through Fabric Bliss, lol! You are HI-LARIOUS! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog for a while now, and so loved all your Quilt Market posts! So totally cool, and funny!
    Keep 'em coming!

    Vanessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - love it that you actually got the shot of you and Sandi! :) Great post - love your descriptions as always, and I wouldn't mind getting myself one of those donut buckets, though I don't think there's much chance of that in Denmark...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I'm all about that donut bucket!!! mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I enjoy all your fabric-ness, that DONUT BUCKET has my heart. Yeah, that needs to be a screensaver.

    ReplyDelete