Thursday, April 14, 2011

Did someone say EASTER? .or. I am a {total} failed holiday crafter

Yeah. So, Easter is in like IN TEN DAYS, friends! D'uh! I live for spring and Easter decorations and I am simply not sure how this year, it has totally snuck up on me. I am not hosting this year {yay for me} but I need to bring SOMETHING as a hostess gift for my dear sister who is and I am trying not to panic. I need something created with easily accessible items {READ: Not only am I last minuting- I live in the middle of No-whereville, USA and don't have time for supply ordering online.}

{not panicking. breathing deeply.}

I've made a candy tree before, for Halloween... but this one is definitely cuter! Is this a weird hostess gift? It might be put on the to-do list for next year. 
[tute here:jelly bean topiary]

I die for pretty much ANYTHING polka dotted. These are super cute, but again.... do they scream HOSTESS GIFT? Or tablescape decor when you are actually hosting. Hmmmm. Maybe not.

[tute here: Polka dot easter eggs]

Ok, THIS is something I could get my head around. Impressive, but easy. Cheap, too. I like it.

This one rocks my socks off. But then again? Anything by Martha does. 

What I DO know is I need to get off the computer and down to the craft room :) Please PLEASE leave links in the comments if you have an easy, fast craft idea for a desperate woman such as myself. Self promotion? Love it. Don't be shy, please :)





6 comments:

Heather said...

That's it. I'm coming over and we're making easter wreaths!

Mandy said...

Just wanted to let you know I love your blog & selected you for a Versatile Blogger Award. :)

Glad you're blogging, Jen!

Mandy
http://craftysouthernmama.blogspot.com

Spendy Wendy said...

Those are some cute ideas!! What about these: http://www.partybluprintsblog.com/products/favors/easter-gift-idea-2
http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/last-minute-ideas-easter#slide_6
http://www.theidearoom.net/2009/03/easter-bunny-raids-berry-patch.html

mslissa92 said...

My MIL (bless her crafty little heart) took a pot (let my daughter paint it) and put that foam crap in the bottom, stuck a wooden dowel in it, at the top of the dowel is a "sunflower" created by glueing yellow peeps in a circle/wreath on something. i have no idea what - I haven't looked that close! Not exactly Easter, more spring

Nanci Mascarenas said...

There are no words to describe how cute the Peeps centerpiece is. Anything I say would be frivolous. I will simply devote 5 seconds of silence to it. And recreate.

Jennifer said...

Cute ideas! I especially LOVE the peeps! I think I might need to make that to take to my Mom's for Easter dinner. :c)


luvbnamommy(at)gmail(dot)com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...